What is Michigan Compassion Club?
Michigan Compassion Club is a Website set up to support original model (no medication) compassion clubs throughout the state with website support, sources of useful information, forums and a host of other services. We are not an actual compassion club, we exist to support them. Compassion Clubs are local organizations, they are small groups. Their members have other jobs and activities. They band together to help their communities, but they need a common framework to support their organizations.
We can provide that framework, from getting a website up and running for the club, to setting up their forums, and giving them resources to raise money and plan activities such as local rallies, court support and to give them the tools they need to approach their local governments with a plan of action. We do not charge the clubs for these services, they are provided by sponsors interested in a strong medical marijuana community, and by advertising services needed by patients and caregivers.
Why are Compassion Clubs Needed?
Compassion clubs are essential for local activism. For example, there is a strong local option in the proposed provisioning center bill. The recent COA ruling affirming the city charter decriminalizing marijuana in Grand Rapids brings home the need for local activism to encourage local governments and voters to support charter amendments of their own. Effective messages, unity within the group and support planning (water for the speakers, restrooms, meeting permits, etc) are postings you will see on this site. You bring the heart, with our web support and planning tools we’ll help you get your message out.
What Web Support?
- We can provide a basic form for you to fill out. We’ll ask you for your mission statement, your services, a few photos and links to you existing web content.
- We’ll put together a website for your group that is well designed, elegant and has good seo. For a samples see our Michigan Compassion Club Portfolio.
- We’ll get a forum for your group that is tailored to your needs and interests, yet connects you to other groups and forums throughout the state. The Michigan Cannabis Patients Forum has specific group forums (patients helping patients, caregivers and growers, etc) as well as legal and medical forums and general discussions.
- Your club will have its own forum, and there is a ‘Guard Channel’ in the Compassion Club Forum monitored by all participating clubs.
- We will handle the nuts and bolts of the website. You will control the tone and content of your club page, we will make sure the page stays up. To get started, go to our website development page.
- A member of your club will be the moderator of your forum. We’ll make sure the forum works.
- We will need some information from your website manager- you club logo and photos, your mission statement, location, google calendar and favorite feeds (we have several- NORML/ASA/MMP to choose from).
- Michigan Compassion Club will build and host the site, we will also get a domain for you if you wish. We offer this service at no charge as our way of supporting the community.
Over the years we have collected funding ideas, bylaws, mission statements, sample meeting agendas and such. We are posting those to help new and existing clubs generate ideas for their own organizations. We also have outlines to help organize rallies and events.